Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Friday, July 4, 2014

This and That.

Miss Puss has taken over "the box".
Ever since we took it off the counter, and put it by the window, she has assumed ownership.







This has been a busy week.

Stalking grandkids on their way to and from the neighborhood ice cream shop.



How could anyone so small keep me SO BUSY.

Do you see the loopers???  She is enthralled.  Loopers just appeal to kids of all ages.




I had some help this week.


And I will take any help I can get.


Back at the studio, I have decided, after much thought, to downsize a bit.  I have 11 looms, which is the least amount of looms I have owned in years, but still too many.
So I am putting my Macomber loom up for sale, 32" wide, 4 harness.
It is a lovely loom, and I have spent many happy hours weaving on it, but I just can't weave on eleven looms.  It isn't possible.
And when I realized how long it had been since I had woven on this one, it seemed to make sense to move it along.






Other than that, I am reading "The Book Thief", planning my next kayaking trip,
and reflecting on the curiousness of life in general.

Some words I like.



Have patience with everything that remains unsolved in your heart. Do not despair if the answers don’t come immediately. Some answers are only revealed with the passage of time.
Try to love the questions themselves. Do not look for the answers. They cannot now be given to you because you could not live them. It is a question of experiencing everything. At present you need to live the question. Perhaps you will gradually without even noticing it, find yourself experiencing the answer, some distant day.

Rainer Maria Rilke (1875-1926).

8 comments:

Dizzy-Dick said...

Those young ones seem to get along real good. That makes life a lot easier.

Susan said...

I love that you made this post a potpourris of small happenings. Enjoying each moment makes a happy life, XOXO

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

Life is Good! :-)

messymimi said...

Thank you for the quote, it puts beautifully what i've been trying to express much better than i can.

Enjoy those lovely grandchildren!

Daryl said...

we watched The Book Thief .. it was a good movie ... i cried .... xo

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Only too well, I know what you mean about downsizing. I've been doing a lot of that, now if a buyer for the farm would come forward -lol-. Be easy on yourself...rhythm or arrhythmia...as I recently posted.

Shuttle, Hook and Needle said...

Nice to see the kitties again. Sad to part with looms but better to see them being productive.

Country Girl said...

Now that is a good book . . .

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts