Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Finally, blogger let me publish.

Last week was a busy week, getting ready for the Southern Adirondack Fiber Festival.
Set up was Friday, we were there all weekend, and Monday was spent putting the shop back together.

It was a nice weekend, the weather was gorgeous, and there were a lot of people out and about.



My friend and fellow weaver, Sue, demonstrated the band loom on Saturday.


 On Sunday, I did the demo, except when my grandgirl Ava took over for me.


She is my one hope that someone in my family will actually be a weaver.  She really is a natural.


Speaking of band looms.   I have TWO Glimakra Swedish band looms in the shop, in case anyone needs a new hobby.
They are wicked fun, and addictive.   I love mine.  I have made a guitar strap, a belt, some key fobs, and I'm not done yet!

My daughter, who was helping also, was very happy to see her niece, baby Dale.



Life is hard sometimes....really hard.

But I am grateful beyond belief.....for my incredible family, my friends, my life.
Every day is a gift.


7 comments:

Unknown said...

You are my inspiration! Thanks for having me over to help on Saturday it was so much fun!

Daryl said...

wonderful photos .. and wonderful to see the family tradition being carried on ..

Vicky said...

YOU are a gift to us Hilary. You have no idea how much I admire your ability to keep on, keeping on. Love the photos and seeing your granddaughter at one of your looms! How I wish I could come and weave along with you (with proper instruction of course). Beautiful!

Susan said...

I am so sorry to have missed the Festival. The weekend was the only opening my farm sitter had, so there you go. Glad the weather was nice - and it looks like you had wonderful (and adorable) helpers.

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Your booth is beautiful! Looks like such a wonderful festival and hope you did well. Hilary, whenever I think of you, you're tucked into prayer. Yes, life is hard but God is good, so very, very good. xoxo

Hilary said...

Dale is adorable.. always a joy to see her. But Ava.. what a cutie. I love the concentration in her face.. and her sense of style.. boots and shorts. Gotta love that. :)

Country Girl said...

I've been away for a few days . . . just to get away. Now here I am catching up on your life. Wow - your get up and go continues to amaze me. Love that you have such a great family.

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts